- (05/2022) Call for Demos is now posted on the ECCV 2022 webpage. Refer to this page.
- (02/2022) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ECCV 2022.
- (11/2021) I will be serving as a Demo Chair in ECCV 2022.
Postdoc position available:
- (03/2022) I am actively searching for a postdoc who has a strong record in computer vision and machine learning. If you are interested, contact me via e-mail (bhhan (at) snu.ac.kr). For details, please refer to this posting.
- (05/2022) I have a paper accepted in ICML 2022.
- (04/2022) I have a paper accepted in IJCAI 2022.
- (03/2022) I will be serving as a Senior Area Chair in NeurIPS 2022.
- (03/2022) I have 5 papers accepted in CVPR 2022. SNU CVLab has 10 papers in CVPR this year.
- (04/2021) I will be serving as an Area Chair in CVPR 2022.
- (06/2021) I will be serving as a Senior Area Chair in ICLR 2022.
- (09/2021) I have two papers accepted in NeurIPS 2021.
- (03/2021) I will be serving as an Area Chair in NeurIPS 2021.
- (07/2021) I have two papers accepted in ICCV 2021.
- (11/2020) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ICCV 2021.
- (09/2021) I have three papers accepted in CVPR 2021.
- (07/2020) I have four papers accepted in ECCV 2020.
- (07/2020) I am co-organizing the Instance-Level Recognition Workshop at ECCV 2020, which hosts a challenge with big prize money supported by Google! You can see more details on the workshop homepage and the Kaggle challenge site.
- (11/2019) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ECCV 2020.
- (06/2020) I have a paper accepted in ICML 2020.
- (03/2020) I have a paper accepted in CVPR 2020.
- (11/2019) I have five papers accepted in AAAI 2020.
- (08/2019) I will be serving as a Senior Program Committee in AAAI 2020.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA, 12/2005
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 08/2000
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 02/1997
Selected Recent Publication [Full list]
- Geeho Kim*, Jinkyu Kim*, and Bohyung Han, Communication-Efficient Federated Learning with Acceleration of Global Momentum, in arXiv:2201.03172 [github]
- Jinyoung Choi and Bohyung Han, MCL-GAN: Generative Adversarial Networks with Multiple Specialized Discriminators, in arXiv:2107.07260
- Geeho Kim, Junoh Kang, and Bohyung Han, Open-Set Representation Learning through Combinatorial Embedding, in arXiv:2106.15278
- Jinkyu Kim*, Geeho Kim*, and Bohyung Han, Multi-Level Branched Regularization for Federated Learning, in ICML 2022 (* equal contribution)
- Ilchae Jung, Minji Kim, Eunhyeok Park, and Bohyung Han, Online Hybrid Lightweight Representations Learning: Its Application to Visual Tracking, in IJCAI 2022
- Dong-Hwan Jang, Sanghyeok Chu, Joonhyuk Kim, and Bohyung Han, Pooling Revisited: Your Receptive Field is Suboptimal, in CVPR 2022
- Minsoo Kang, Jaeyoo Park, and Bohyung Han, Class-Incremental Learning by Knowledge Distillation with Adaptive Feature Consolidation, in CVPR 2022
- Minsu Ko, Eunju Cha, Sungjoo Suh, Huijin Lee, Jae-Joon Han, Jinwoo Shin, and Bohyung Han, Self-Supervised Dense Consistency Regularization for Image-to-Image Translation, in CVPR 2022
- Mijeong Kim, Seonguk Seo, and Bohyung Han, InfoNeRF: Ray Entropy Minimization for Few-Shot Neural Volume Rendering, in CVPR 2022 [project]
- Seonguk Seo, Joon-Young Lee, and Bohyung Han, Unsupervised Learning of Debiased Representations with Pseudo-Attributes, in CVPR 2022
- Seonguk Seo, Joon-Young Lee, and Bohyung Han, Information-Theoretic Bias Reduction via Causal View of Spurious Correlation, in AAAI 2022
- Dae Young Park, Moon-Hyun Cha, Changwook Jeong, Daesin Kim, and Bohyung Han, Learning Student-Friendly Teacher Networks for Knowledge Distillation, in NeurIPS 2021
- Sanghyeok Chu, Dongwan Kim, and Bohyung Han, Learning Debiased and Disentangled Representations for Semantic Segmentation, in NeurIPS 2021
- Myungseo Song, Jinyoung Choi, and Bohyung Han, Variable-Rate Deep Image Compression through Spatially-Adaptive Feature Transform, in ICCV 2021
- Jaeyoo Park, Minsoo Kang, and Bohyung Han, Class-Incremental Learning for Action Recognition in Videos, in ICCV 2021
- Jaehyoung Yoo, Dongwook Lee, Changyong Son, Sangil Jung, ByungIn Yoo, Changkyu Choi, Jae-Joon Han, and Bohyung Han, RaScaNet: Learning Tiny Models by Raster-Scanning Images, in CVPR 2021
- Seungmin Lee*, Dongwan Kim*, and Bohyung Han, CoSMo: Content-Style Modulation for Image Retrieval with Text Feedback, in CVPR 2021 (* equal contribution)
- Jaedong Hwang, Seoung Wug Oh, Joon-Young Lee, and Bohyung Han, Exemplar-Based Open-Set Panoptic Segmentation Network, in CVPR 2021
- Seohyun Kim, Jaeyoo Park, and Bohyung Han, Rotation-Invariant Local-to-Global Representation Learning for 3D Point Cloud, in NeurIPS 2020
- Jinyoung Choi and Bohyung Han, Task-Aware Quantization Network for JPEG Image Compression, in ECCV 2020
- Seonguk Seo, Yumin Suh, Dongwan Kim, Geeho Kim, Jong-Woo Han, and Bohyung Han, Learning to Optimize Domain Specific Normalization for Domain Generalization, in ECCV 2020
- Seonguk Seo, Joon-Young Lee, and Bohyung Han, URVOS: Unified Referring Video Object Segmentation Network with a Large-Scale Benchmark, in ECCV 2020
- Tackgeun You and Bohyung Han, Traffic Accident Benchmark for Causality Recognition, in ECCV 2020
- Minsoo Kang and Bohyung Han, Operation-Aware Soft Channel Pruning using Differentiable Masks, in ICML 2020
- Graduate Students:
- @POSTECH: Tackgeun You [NAVER Ph.D. Fellowship in 2020, Internship at Kakao Brain in 2022]
- @SNU: Seonguk Seo [Internship at Meta AI in 2022, Internship at Adobe Research in 2019, Youlchon Scholarship in 2020], Minsoo Kang [Internship at Kakao Brain in 2022], Jinyoung Choi, Jaeyoo Park, Geeho Kim [Qualcomm Innovation Award in 2021], Mijeong Kim [Kwangjeong Scholarship in 2020], Sanghyeok Chu, Dongwan Kim [Internship at NEC Research in 2020], Seungmin Lee (on leave), Minji Kim, Joonhyuk Kim (on leave), Jong-Hyeon Seon, Dong-Hwan Jang, Jaehyung Yoo, Jinkyu Kim, Hyewon Yoo, Heewon Kim, Taehoon Kim, Junoh Kang
- Undergraduate Students: Myungseo Song
- Yumin Suh (PostDoc; now Research Scientist at NEC Laboratories America)
- Jan Feyereisl (PostDoc; now at GoodAI)
- Ilchae Jung (Ph.D.; 2022; now Research Scientist at Naver CLOVA) [Internship at NVIDIA Research in 2019; NAVER Fellowship in 2018, Internship at SAIT in 2021]
- Jonghwan Mun (Ph.D.; 2020; now Research Scientist at Kakao Brain) [Internship at Snap Research in 2018; NAVER Fellowship 2018]
- Paul Hongsuck Seo (Ph.D.; 2020; now Research Scientist at Google) [Internship at Disney Research and Google in 2017, Internship at Google AI and Facebook in 2019; NAVER Fellowship 2017; The Best Dissertation Award @ POSTECH in 2019]
- Hyeonwoo Noh (Ph.D.; 2019; now Research Scientist at OpenAI) [MSRA Fellowship in 2016; Internship at Google in 2016 and DeepMind in 2018]
- Jeany Son (Ph.D.; 2018; now Assistant Professor at GIST) [Qualcomm Innovation Award in 2014]
- Donghun Yeo (Ph.D.; 2017; now Research Scientist at Hana Institute of Technology)
- Seunghoon Hong (Ph.D.; 2017; now Assistant Professor at KAIST) [MSRA Fellowship in 2014; Exchange student at Michigan in 2015 and 2016; The Best Dissertation Award @ POSTECH in 2017]
- Suha Kwak (Ph.D.; 2014; now Associate Professor at POSTECH)
- Taegyu Lim (Ph.D.; 2012; now VP in R&D at Motion2AI)
- Jaedong Hwang (MS; 2021; now Ph.D. student at MIT) [Internship at Adobe Research in 2020]
- Junha Kim, (MS; 2021; now at Lunit)
- Seohyun Kim (MS; 2021; now Naver Labs.)
- Daniel Kim (MS; 2021; now TmaxSoft) [Internship at Microsoft Research Asia in 2017]
- Sunwoo Oh (MS; 2020; now at NVIDIA) [Internship at NVIDIA in 2018]
- Wonsuk Lee (MS; 2019; now at Lunit)
- Woong Gi Chang (MS; 2019; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Moo-Yeol Baek (MS; 2018; now at Naver Labs.) [internship at Snap Research in 2017]
- Solae Lee (MS; 2018; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Chanmi You (MS; 2017; now at Naver Labs.)
- Hyeonseob Nam (MS; 2016; now Research Scientist at Lunit) [Qualcomm Innovation Award in 2014]
- Kayoung Park (MS; 2015; now at ADD)
- Inveom Kwak (MS; 2014; now Ph.D. student in CITE at POSTECH)
- Suna Kim (MS; 2013; now at ADD)
- Changkyu Song (undergraduate student; now Ph.D. student at Rutgers)
- Conference/workshop organizer: ACCV 2022 (general chair), ECCV 2022 (demo chair), CVPR 2021 (workshop chair), ACCV 2020 (workshop chair), ICCV 2019 (tutorial chair), Landmark@CVPR2018 (organizer), DTCE@ACCV2012 (organizer), ACCV 2014 (demo chair)
- Senior Area Chair: NeurIPS 2022, ICLR 2022
- Area chair: NIPS/NeurIPS (2015, 2018, 2019, 2021), ICCV (2015, 2017, 2019, 2021), CVPR (2017, 2022), ECCV (2020, 2022), ICLR 2021, IJCAI 2021, ACCV (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018), WACV (2014, 2017, 2021), ACML 2016, AVSS 2018
- Senior Program Committee: IJCAI (2018, 2019, 2020), AAAI 2020
- Program committee: ICML (2018, 2019), ICLR (2018, 2019), NIPS/NeurIPS (2016, 2017, 2020), CVPR (2007-2016, 2018), ICCV (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013), ECCV (2010, 2012, 2014, 2018), AISTATS (2017, 2018), ACCV (2009, 2010), AAAI (2016), IJCAI (2013), 3DV (2015), ICME (2013, 2014), PSIVT (2013)
- Journal Associate Editor: IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (2018-present), Computer Vision and Image Understanding (2015-present), Machine Vision and Applications (2014-present), IPSJ Trans. on Computer Vision and Applications (2013-2017)
- Journal reviewer: TPAMI, IJCV, CVIU, TIP, IVC, TCSVT, TSP, TNNLS, T-IFS, JVCI, etc.