- (07/2018) I have three papers accepted to ECCV 2018. SNU CV Lab has 7 papers in ECCV altogether!
- (07/2018) I have one paper accepted to BMVC 2018.
Postdoc position available:
- (04/2018) I am looking for a postdoc who has a strong record in computer vision and machine learning. If you are interested, contact me via e-mail (bhhan (at) snu.ac.kr). For details, please refer to this posting.
- (04/2018) I will be serving as an Area Chair in NIPS 2018.
- (03/2018) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ACCV 2018.
- (03/2018) I joined Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Seoul National University.
- (03/2018) Our challenge is introduced in Google Research Blog.
- (02/2018) I have a paper about weakly supervised temporal action localization accepted in CVPR 2018.
- (02/2018) The challenge is open now! Please visit our website.
- (12/2017) I am organizing Large-Scale Landmark Recognition: A Challenge (Landmarks) Workshop in conjunction with CVPR 2018.
- (01/2018) I will be serving as a Senior Program Committee in IJCAI 2018.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA, 12/2005
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 08/2000
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 02/1997
Selected Recent Publication [Full list]
- Ilchae Jung, Jeany Son, Mooyeol Baek, and Bohyung Han, Real-Time MDNet, to appear in ECCV 2018
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Tobias Weyand, Jack Sim, Bohyung Han, CPlaNet: Enhancing Image Geolocalization by Combinatorial Partitioning of Maps, to appear in ECCV 2018
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Jongmin Lee, Deunsol Jung, Bohyung Han, Minsu Cho, Attentive Semantic Alignment using Offset-Aware Correlation Kernels, to appear in ECCV 2018
- Phuc Nguyen*, Ting Liu*, Gautam Prasad, and Bohyung Han, Weakly Supervised Action Localization by Sparse Temporal Pooling Network, in CVPR 2018 (* indicates equal contribution.)
- Yoonho Hwang, Mooyeol Baek, Saehoon Kim, Bohyung Han, and Hee-Kap Ahn, Product Quantized Translation for Fast Nearest Neighbor Search, in AAAI 2018
- Hyeonwoo Noh, Tackgeun You, Jonghwan Mun, and Bohyung Han, Regularizing Deep Neural Networks by Noise: Its Interpretation and Optimization, in NIPS 2017
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Andreas Lehrmann, Bohyung Han, and Leonid Sigal, Visual Reference Resolution using Attention Memory for Visual Dialog, in NIPS 2017
- Hyeonwoo Noh, Andre Araujo, Jack Sim, Tobias Weyand, and Bohyung Han, Large-Scale Image Retrieval with Attentive Deep Local Features, in ICCV 2017 [Project page]
- Jonghwan Mun*, Paul Hongsuck Seo*, Ilchae Jung, and Bohyung Han, MarioQA: Answering Questions by Watching Gameplay Videos, in ICCV 2017 [Project page]
- Seunghoon Hong, Donghun Yeo, Suha Kwak, Honglak Lee, and Bohyung Han, Weakly Supervised Semantic Segmentation using Web-Crawled Videos, in CVPR 2017 Spotlight presentation
- Bohyung Han, Jack Sim, and Hartwig Adam, BranchOut: Regularization for Online Ensemble Tracking with Convolutional Neural Networks, in CVPR 2017 [Poster, Results]
- Jeany Son, Mooyeol Baek, Minsu Cho, and Bohyung Han, Multi-Object Tracking with Quadruplet Convolutional Neural Networks, in CVPR 2017
- Donghun Yeo, Jeany Son, Bohyung Han, and Joon H. Han, Superpixel-based Tracking-by-Segmentation using Markov Chains, in CVPR 2017
- Suha Kwak, Seunghoon Hong, and Bohyung Han, Weakly Supervised Semantic Segmentation using Superpixel Pooling Network, in AAAI 2017 Oral presentation
- Jonghwan Mun, Minsu Cho, and Bohyung Han, Text-Guided Attention Model for Image Captioning, in AAAI 2017 Oral presentation
- Graduate Students:
- @POSTECH: Ilchae Jung, Tack Geun You, Jonghwan Mun [internship at Snap Research in 2018], Hyeonwoo Noh [internship at Google in 2016 and DeepMind in 2018], Woong Gi Chang, Paul Hongsuck Seo [internship at Disney Research and Google in 2017], Wonsuk Lee, Daniel Kim [internship at Microsoft Research Asia in 2017], Sunwoo Oh [internship at NVIDIA in 2018]
- @SNU: Seonguk Seo, Minsoo Kang, Jinyoung Choi, Jae Yoo Park, Seohyun Kim
- Undergraduate Students:
- Jan Feyereisl (PostDoc; now at GoodAI)
- Jeany Son (Ph.D; 2018)
- Donghun Yeo (Ph.D.; 2017; now at Stradvision)
- Seunghoon Hong (Ph.D.; 2017; now PostDoc at University of Michigan) [Exchange student at Michigan in 2015 and 2016]
- Suha Kwak (Ph.D.; 2014; now Assistant Professor at POSTECH)
- Taegyu Lim (Ph.D.; 2012; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Moo-Yeol Baek (MS; 2018) [internship at Snap Research in 2017]
- Solae Lee (MS; 2018; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Chanmi You (MS; 2017; now at Naver Labs.)
- Hyeonseob Nam (MS; 2016; now at Lunit)
- Kayoung Park (MS; 2015; now at ADD)
- Inveom Kwak (MS; 2014; now Ph.D. student in CITE at POSTECH)
- Suna Kim (MS; 2013; now at ADD)
- Hyeonwoo Noh (undergraduate student; now at POSTECH)
- Changkyu Song (undergraduate student; now Ph.D. student at Rutgers)
- Conference/workshop organizer: ICCV 2019 (tutorial chair), Landmark@CVPR2018, DTCE@ACCV2012 (organizing chair), ACCV 2014 (demo chair)
- Area chair: NIPS (2015, 2018), ICCV (2015, 2017), CVPR 2017, ACCV (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018), WACV (2014, 2017), ACML 2016, AVSS 2018
- Senior Program Committee: IJCAI (2018)
- Program committee: ICML (2018), ICLR (2018, 2019), NIPS (2016, 2017), CVPR (2007-2016, 2018), ICCV (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013), ECCV (2010, 2012, 2014, 2018), AISTATS (2017, 2018), ACCV (2009, 2010), AAAI (2016), IJCAI (2013), 3DV (2015), ICME (2013, 2014), PSIVT (2013)
- Journal Associate Editor: Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Machine Vision and Applications, IPSJ Trans. on Computer Vision and Applications
- Journal reviewer: TPAMI, IJCV, CVIU, TIP, IVC, TCSVT, TSP, TNNLS, T-IFS, JVCI, etc.