- (07/2020) I have four papers accepted in ECCV 2020.
- (07/2020) I am co-organizing the Instance-Level Recognition Workshop at ECCV 2020, which hosts a challenge with big prize money supported by Google! You can see more details on the workshop homepage and the Kaggle challenge site.
- (11/2019) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ECCV 2020.
- (06/2020) I have a paper accepted in ICML 2020.
- (03/2020) I have a paper accepted in CVPR 2020.
- (11/2019) I have five papers accepted in AAAI 2020.
- (08/2019) I will be serving as a Senior Program Committee in AAAI 2020.
- (09/2019) I have a paper accepted in NeurIPS 2019.
- (02/2019) I will be serving as an Area Chair in NeurIPS 2019.
- (07/2019) I have one paper accepted in ICCV 2019.
- (11/2018) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ICCV 2019.
- (11/2015) I will be serving as a Tutorial Chair in ICCV 2019.
- (03/2019) I have 5 papers accepted in CVPR 2019. SNU CVLab has 7 papers altogether.
- (12/2018) I am organizing two workshops at CVPR 2019: The 2nd Large-Scale Landmark Recognition Challenge and Conceptual Captions Challenge. More detailed information about the challenges will be released soon.
- (01/2019) I will be serving as a Senior Program Committee in IJCAI 2019.
Conference Organizing Committee Member Service:
- (12/2018) I will be serving as a General Chair for ACCV 2022 @ Macau.
- (09/2018) I will be serving as a Demo Chair for ECCV 2022 @ Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- (09/2018) I will be serving as a Workshop Chair for ACCV 2020 @ Kyoto, Japan.
- (12/2018) We have released the source code for Real-Time MDNet (our ECCV 2018 paper). To test the code, please visit this page.
- (07/2018) I have three papers accepted to ECCV 2018. SNU CV Lab has 7 papers in ECCV altogether!
- (11/2018) We have released the source code for our weakly supervised temporal action localization paper (CVPR 2018) here.
- (03/2018) Our challenge is introduced in Google Research Blog.
- (02/2018) I have a paper about weakly supervised temporal action localization accepted in CVPR 2018.
- (02/2018) The challenge is open now! Please visit our website.
- (12/2017) I am organizing Large-Scale Landmark Recognition: A Challenge (Landmarks) Workshop in conjunction with CVPR 2018.
- (09/2018) I was appointed as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI).
- (09/2018) I received Google AI Focused Research Award. [Google Korea Blog Post]
- (09/2018) I have a paper accepted to ACCV 2018 for oral presentation.
- (03/2018) I will be serving as an Area Chair in ACCV 2018.
- (09/2018) I have a paper accepted to NIPS 2018.
- (04/2018) I will be serving as an Area Chair in NIPS 2018.
- (07/2018) I have one paper accepted to BMVC 2018.
Postdoc position available:
- (04/2018) I am looking for a postdoc who has a strong record in computer vision and machine learning. If you are interested, contact me via e-mail (bhhan (at) snu.ac.kr). For details, please refer to this posting.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA, 12/2005
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 08/2000
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, 02/1997
Selected Recent Publication [Full list]
- Jinyoung Choi and Bohyung Han, Task-Aware Quantization Network for JPEG Image Compression, in ECCV 2020
- Seonguk Seo, Yumin Suh, Dongwan Kim, Geeho Kim, Jong-Woo Han, and Bohyung Han, Learning to Optimize Domain Specific Normalization for Domain Generalization, in ECCV 2020
- Seonguk Seo, Joon-Young Lee, and Bohyung Han, URVOS: Unified Referring Video Object Segmentation Network with a Large-Scale Benchmark, in ECCV 2020
- Tackgeun You and Bohyung Han, Traffic Accident Analysis by Cause and Effect Events Localization, in ECCV 2020
- Minsu Kang and Bohyung Han, Operation-Aware Soft Channel Pruning using Differentiable Masks, in ICML 2020
- Jonghwan Mun, Minsu Cho, and Bohyung Han, Local-Global Video-Text Interactions for Temporal Grounding, in CVPR 2020
- Minsu Kang*, Jonghwan Mun*, and Bohyung Han, Towards Oracle Knowledge Distillation with Neural Architecture Search, in AAAI 2020
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Piyush Sharma, Tomer Levinboim, Bohyung Han, and Radu Soricut, Reinforcing an Image Caption Generator Using Off-Line Human Feedback, in AAAI 2020
- Ilchae Jung, Kihyun You, Hyeonwoo Noh, Minsu Cho, and Bohyung Han, Real-Time Object Tracking via Meta-Learning: Efficient Model Adaptation and One-Shot Channel Pruning, in AAAI 2020
- Myungsub Choi, Heewon Kim, Ning Xu, Bohyung Han, and Kyoung Mu Lee, Channel Attention Is All You Need for Video Frame Interpolation, in AAAI 2020
- Ruotian Luo, Ning Zhang, Bohyung Han, and Linjie Yang, Context-Aware Zero-Shot Recognition, in AAAI 2020
- Paul Hongsek Seo, Geeho Kim, and Bohyung Han, Combinatorial Inference against Label Noise, in NeurIPS 2019
- Dongmin Park, Seokil Hong, Bohyung Han, and Kyoung Mu Lee, Continual Learning by Asymmetric Loss Approximation with Single-Side Overestimation, in ICCV 2019
- Seonguk Seo*, Paul Hongsuck Seo*, Bohyung Han, Learning for Single-Shot Confidence Calibration in Deep Neural Networks through Stochastic Inferences, in CVPR 2019 (* indicates equal contribution.)
- Jonghwan Mun, Linjie Yang, Zhou Ren, Ning Xu, Bohyung Han, Streamlined Dense Video Captioning, in CVPR 2019
- Hyunwoo Noh, Taehoon Kim, Jonghwan Mun, Bohyung Han, Transfer Learning via Unsupervised Task Discovery for Visual Question Answering, in CVPR 2019
- Woong-Gi Chang*, Tackgeun You*, Seonguk Seo*, Suha Kwak, Bohyung Han, Domain Specific Batch Normalization for Unsupervised Domain Adaptation, in CVPR 2019 (* indicates equal contribution.)
- Yumin Suh, Bohyung Han, Wonsik Kim, and Kyoung Mu Lee, Stochastic Class-based Hard Example Mining for Deep Metric Learning, in CVPR 2019
- Jonghwan Mun, Kimin Lee, Jinwoo Shin, Bohyung Han, Learning to Specialize with Knowledge Distillation for Visual Question Answering, in NeurIPS 2018
- Ilchae Jung, Jeany Son, Mooyeol Baek, and Bohyung Han, Real-Time MDNet, in ECCV 2018 [code]
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Tobias Weyand, Jack Sim, Bohyung Han, CPlaNet: Enhancing Image Geolocalization by Combinatorial Partitioning of Maps, in ECCV 2018
- Paul Hongsuck Seo, Jongmin Lee, Deunsol Jung, Bohyung Han, Minsu Cho, Attentive Semantic Alignment with Offset-Aware Correlation Kernels, in ECCV 2018
- Phuc Nguyen*, Ting Liu*, Gautam Prasad, and Bohyung Han, Weakly Supervised Action Localization by Sparse Temporal Pooling Network, in CVPR 2018 (* indicates equal contribution.)
- Graduate Students:
- @POSTECH: Ilchae Jung [Internship at NVIDIA Research in 2019; NAVER Fellowship in 2018], Tack Geun You, Daniel Kim [Internship at Microsoft Research Asia in 2017]
- @SNU: Seonguk Seo [Intership at Adobe Research in 2019], Minsoo Kang, Jinyoung Choi, Jae Yoo Park, Seohyun Kim, Junha Kim, Geeho Kim, Mijeong Kim [Kwangjeong Scholarship], Jaedong Hwang [Internship at Adobe Research in 2020], Sanghyeok Chu, Dongwan Kim [Internship at NEC Research in 2020], Seung Min Lee, Minji Kim
- Undergraduate Students:
- Yumin Suh (PostDoc; now at NEC Research America)
- Jan Feyereisl (PostDoc; now at GoodAI)
- Jonghwan Mun (Ph.D.; 2020; now Research Scientist at Kakao Brain) [Internship at Snap Research in 2018; NAVER Fellowship 2018]
- Paul Hongsuck Seo (Ph.D.; 2020; now Research Scientist at Google) [Internship at Disney Research and Google in 2017, Internship at Google AI and Facebook in 2019; NAVER Fellowship 2017; The Best Dissertation Award @ POSTECH in 2019]
- Hyeonwoo Noh (Ph.D.; 2019; Research Scientist at OpenAI) [MSRA Fellowship in 2016; Internship at Google in 2016 and DeepMind in 2018]
- Jeany Son (Ph.D.; 2018; now Research Scientist at ETRI) [Qualcomm Innovation Award in 2014]
- Donghun Yeo (Ph.D.; 2017; now at Stradvision)
- Seunghoon Hong (Ph.D.; 2017; now Assistant Professor at KAIST) [MSRA Fellowship in 2014; Exchange student at Michigan in 2015 and 2016; The Best Dissertation Award @ POSTECH in 2017]
- Suha Kwak (Ph.D.; 2014; now Assistant Professor at POSTECH)
- Taegyu Lim (Ph.D.; 2012; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Sunwoo Oh (MS; 2020; NVIDIA) [Internship at NVIDIA in 2018]
- Wonsuk Lee (MS; 2019; now at Lunit)
- Woong Gi Chang (MS; 2019; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Moo-Yeol Baek (MS; 2018; now Naver Labs.) [internship at Snap Research in 2017]
- Solae Lee (MS; 2018; now at Samsung Electronics)
- Chanmi You (MS; 2017; now at Naver Labs.)
- Hyeonseob Nam (MS; 2016; now at Lunit) [Qualcomm Innovation Award in 2014]
- Kayoung Park (MS; 2015; now at ADD)
- Inveom Kwak (MS; 2014; now Ph.D. student in CITE at POSTECH)
- Suna Kim (MS; 2013; now at ADD)
- Changkyu Song (undergraduate student; now Ph.D. student at Rutgers)
- Conference/workshop organizer: ACCV 2022 (general chair), ECCV 2022 (demo chair), CVPR 2021 (workshop chair), ACCV 2020 (workshop chair), ICCV 2019 (tutorial chair), Landmark@CVPR2018, DTCE@ACCV2012 (organizing chair), ACCV 2014 (demo chair)
- Area chair: NIPS/NeurIPS (2015, 2018, 2019), ICCV (2015, 2017, 2019), CVPR 2017, ECCV 2020, ACCV (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018), WACV (2014, 2017, 2021), ACML 2016, AVSS 2018
- Senior Program Committee: IJCAI (2018, 2019, 2020), AAAI 2020
- Program committee: ICML (2018, 2019), ICLR (2018, 2019), NIPS/NeurIPS (2016, 2017, 2020), CVPR (2007-2016, 2018), ICCV (2007, 2009, 2011, 2013), ECCV (2010, 2012, 2014, 2018), AISTATS (2017, 2018), ACCV (2009, 2010), AAAI (2016), IJCAI (2013), 3DV (2015), ICME (2013, 2014), PSIVT (2013)
- Journal Associate Editor: IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (2018-present), Computer Vision and Image Understanding (2015-present), Machine Vision and Applications (2014-present), IPSJ Trans. on Computer Vision and Applications (2013-2017)
- Journal reviewer: TPAMI, IJCV, CVIU, TIP, IVC, TCSVT, TSP, TNNLS, T-IFS, JVCI, etc.